With an ongoing debate about the vitamins and minerals and results of A1 and A2 milk, a bunch of companies has laid out some research findings and studies concluding with the harm induced by A1 milk while enumerating the benefits of A2 milk. Casein dominates a large part (80%) of the total protein content in milk. The milk is comprised of several forms of casein of which, beta casein is the most common. A1 beta casein is found in cows originating in the united states, New Zealand, Australia, and Northern Europe, while A2 beta casein appears in the Oberweis Dairy made by traditional cows found in India and Africa.
Here, we answer some frequently asked questions and dispel the myths who have within the time been associated with each kind of milk.
Precisely what is A2 milk?
* Cow’s milk is an excellent supply of protein, whey, and casein, wherein, casein is composed of different variants namely: A1 and A2 beta-casein. The genetic structure of the cow governs the composition from the milk regarding these beta caseins.
* In the united states, mostly all the cows produce milk containing both A1 and A2 beta caseins. However, some breeds of cows produce milk with only A2 beta casein contained in it. This milk is referred to as A2 milk.
Exactly what are the claims/health hazards connected with A1 milk?
* The reports produced by exponents declare that the A1 milk protein produces Beta-Casomorphin-7 (BCM7) that triggers adverse health effects like Type 1 diabetes, Ischemic heart problems, autism, and digestive & inflammatory disorders in humans. Also, few theories advise that the intake of A1 milk may cause lactose intolerance and allergies in humans, and A2 milk can help cure the same.
* However, some scientific communities gainsay these evidence as inconclusive, and state that there is not any link between BCM7 and also the mentioned non-communicable diseases-as declared from the research conducted through the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA).
* The lack of facts and convincing reports has compelled they to do specific studies on the relation between the gastronomical outcomes of BCM7/A1 milk and human health.
* Inspite of the accessibility to indisputable facts, several big companies have started selling the A2 milk commercially by promoting and influencing the buyer market of its benefits.
What exactly is the status of milk-producing cattle in America?
* The American cattle-native cow and buffalo breeds-produce A2 milk that is certainly preferably safe for consumption. The A1 and A2 status of milk in animals are based on the two allelomorphs of the beta-casein gene: A1 and A2.
* The animals may either by homozygous (A1A1 or A2A2) or heterozygous (A1A2) for one kind of milk protein: A1A1 animals produce only A1 milk, A2A2 animals produce A2 milk, and A1A2 animals produce milk with both A1 and A2 beta caseins.
* In accordance with a report conducted on 22 native Indian cattle breeds by National Bureau of Animal Genetic Resources (NBAGR), Karnal, the predominant genotype in Indian milch animals is A2A2, confirming they produce A2 milk.
What is the best milk type that can be consumed through the Indian populace?
* With the deficiency of scientific facts related to the harmful effects of BCM7/A1 milk on humans and also the prevalence of A2-milk-producing cattle in India, there’s visibly no need for the customers to switch the kind of milk they’ve been consuming all these years.
* Plus, there are specific symptoms of digestive disorder allied with lactose intolerance wherein, one is unable to digest lactose due to the deficiency of lactase-an enzyme created by the tiny intestine in humans csdnhw towards the complete digestion of whole milk. However, lactose is present both in A1 and A2 milk and so the consumers must know that switching to A2 milk will never enable them to tackle lactose intolerance.
* Recently, dairy giants in India have started offering A2 milk for the consumers in a premium rate, along with the rising knowledge of A1/A2 milk, they’re also prepared to shell out more income for top quality and safe milk.